Former secretary general of Iraq's Republican Guard in US custody
General Kamal Mustafa Abdallah Sultan Al-Tikriti, former secretary general of Iraq's Republican Guard and a member of Saddam Hussein's inner circle surrendered, US forces said.
He was placed in custody and figured high of the US list of most wanted Iraqis, Central command said Saturday. The general "surrendered to Coalition Forces early this morning in Baghdad," a Centcom statement said.
The statement said the general was number 10 on the wanted list, but on the original list published by the US military last month he was number eight. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Opposition group: Saddam son-in-law surrendered; Iraqi scientific research minister captured
- Wanted Baath Party member captured by US-led forces in Iraq
- Saddam's Defense Minister hands himself in to US forces in Mosul
- Saddam Hussein's presidential secretary arrested by US forces
- Saddam brother-in-law arrested; Former Iraqi generals say Saddam plans to return to power