Former secretary general of Iraq's Republican Guard in US custody
General Kamal Mustafa Abdallah Sultan Al-Tikriti, former secretary general of Iraq's Republican Guard and a member of Saddam Hussein's inner circle surrendered, US forces said.
He was placed in custody and figured high of the US list of most wanted Iraqis, Central command said Saturday. The general "surrendered to Coalition Forces early this morning in Baghdad," a Centcom statement said.
The statement said the general was number 10 on the wanted list, but on the original list published by the US military last month he was number eight. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraq: Former VP not in custody
- Saddam brother-in-law arrested; Former Iraqi generals say Saddam plans to return to power
- Abu Abbas followers claim leader was assassinated by CIA, Mossad while in US custody in Iraq
- Former Iraq al-Quds Force commander in US custody
- Kerry warns Republicans against more Iran interference