Former Syrian Premier Commits Suicide
Former Syrian prime minister Mahmud Zu’bi, who faced corruption charges, has committed suicide, hospital sources in Damascus told AFP Sunday.
A Syrian official asked about the report by AFP said he had no information.
Abu Dhabi television interrupted its programs Sunday to give the report, saying Zohbi had killed himself by shooting himself in the head, quoting "reliable sources" in Damascus.
The date of his suicide was not given – DAMASCUS (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syrian Officials Deny Death of Former Premiere’s Widow
- Syria: Minister of Interior commits suicide as Assad insists on no role in Hariri killing
- Report: Syrian Former Prime Minister Attempts Suicide
- Body of Syrian Former PM Transferred to Hometown for Burial after Suicide
- Report: Syria Denies Former Prime Minister's Suicide Attempt