Former Syrian president returns home after 36 years in exile
Former Syrian president, General Amin al-Hafez has returned to Syria after a 36-year exile spent largely in Iraq, a former top aide said Monday. Syrian president from July 1963 to February 1966, al-Hafez, 83, is once again living in his northern hometown of Aleppo, his former chief of staff Munzer Musli told AFP.
- The Secrets of ‘Zuqaq El Madaq’
- Exiled Syrian Leader Allowed to Return Home After Four Decades
- Former Lebanese President to Return from Exile Sunday
- Lebanon: Former PM returns after 15 year exile as opposition leader calls president to step down
- Hariri Guarantees Safe Return to Anti-Syrian Exiled General