Former UNSCOM inspector urges ending American threats against Baghdad
Former UNSCOM inspector Scott Ritter has urged Europe, particularly France to confront and put an end to U.S. threats and aggressive schemes against Iraq, according to the official Iraq News Agency INA.
In statements published by the French daily "Republic Nation", cited by INA, Ritter affirmed that world peace is in danger due to the existence of an impetuous U.S. figure in power.
Ritter said that if France, which has the right of veto in the Security Council, actively moves in international forums with the support of Europe, many world countries would stand alongside it. Then, Washington would not dare commit any “foolish” acts against Iraq, the News Agency concluded. (Albawaba.com)
- Former Weapons Inspector Urges Lift of Iraq Embargo
- Former UN Weapons Inspector Claims FBI Probe into Alleged Spying for Israel
- Former UN Weapons Inspector Says Iraq is 98 Percent Disarmed
- Former U.N. inspector says Iraq incapable of producing weapons of mass destruction
- Arab Committees in France Condemn US Threats on Iraq