Former US Ambassador to Damascus says Syria wants to resume peace talks
Former US Ambassador to Damascus Theodor Qatof was quoted as saying on Friday that Damascus wants to resume peace negotiations with Israel on the basis of UN Secretary Council relevant resolutions and ensuring the Israeli withdrawal from the occupied Arab lands. In a statement to Saudi al-Riyadh newspaper published Friday, Qatof asserted that eliminating weapons of mass destruction must include the Israeli weapons.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- US senator: Assad ready to resume talks with Israel ''without preconditions'' as Katzav says Assad not like Sadat
- Syria wants to resume indirect peace talks with Israel
- U.S. Ambassador to U.N. to Visit in Damascus
- Syria Wants UN to Help in Peace Talks
- Sharon says he rejected US offer to resume peace talks with Syria