Four civilians killed as former Iraqi generals arrested by US forces
An Iraqi farmer was shot dead by US troops who were combing farms in Mokdadiyah near Baqubah, northeast of Baghdad, a relative said Wednesday.
In a separate incident, a mortar was fired at a police station in Baqubah, landing several hundred meters from the building without causing casualties, police officer, Hatem Sultan, told the AFP. The assailants fled.
Elsewhere, Iraqi resistance activists using rocket-propelled grenades struck a U.S. compound in the northern city of Mosul Wednesday. One U.S. soldier was wounded and three Iraqis were killed in the blast, the military and hospital sources said. Two Iraqi teenagers also were slightly wounded.
Separately, a U.S. soldier died of wounds sustained from a "non-hostile gunshot" at a Baghdad checkpoint, the military said.
Also, US soldiers captured two former Iraqi Army generals in an early Wednesday raid in Fallujah, the military said. The two men were suspected of being "key financiers" and organizers of anti-coalition fighters operating there, the military said. (Albawaba.com)
- US forces kill nine Iraqi civilians as four bodies found in Baghdad
- US forces: Four suspected leaders of Iraqi resistance arrested
- Two US troops, translator killed in Baghdad bomb attack as former Iraqi general arrested
- Iraq: U.S. soldiers kill four Iraqi civilians in Fallujah
- Relative: US arrests ex-Saddam general