Four Dead, 15 Wounded in Grenade Blast in Philippine Mall Heist
Four people were killed and 15 injured Saturday when a grenade was hurled in a shopping mall after a failed-armed robbery in the Philippine capital, local television reported.
The grenade was hurled during an attempt to rob a jewelry store in the Divisoria Mall, in central Manila, ABS-CBN reported.
Police inspector Orlando Miranda said that security guards had sealed off the mall's exit after a man attempted to rob the store. The suspect then hurled the grenade, and is believed to have escaped in the confusion, Miranda said.
Earlier police told AFP that two people had been killed and two others wounded but said they were continuing to check hospitals for other casualties – MANILA (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sudanese Man Kills Himself, Two Police In Grenade Blast
- Four US troops killed in Baghdad; Several Iraqis dead after Fallujah mosque blast
- Man Wounded in Foiled Armed Robbery in Dubai
- Iraq: At least six dead in Fallujah car bomb blast as four U.S. soldiers injured in Mosul ambushes
- Jerusalem Malls Fail Security Checks