Four Filipino Robbers Beheaded in Saudi Arabia
Four Filipinos who killed an Indian guard during an armed robbery in the Red Sea city of Jeddah have been executed, a newspaper reported Saturday.
The gang broke into the house of a Saudi family, killed the guard and made off with money and jewels after breaking into a safe, the Saudi Gazette said, quoting the Interior Ministry.
The four, identified as Agdam Bagandar, Hervin Washadatah, Ravier Yitayo and Odin Gamb, were put to the sword on Friday.
A Saudi national was beheaded in the northwestern city of Tabuk on Friday for shooting to death another Saudi in a dispute, the ministry added.
Saudi Arabia applies a strict code of Islamic sharia law, which imposes the death penalty on people found guilty of murder, rape, apostasy, armed robbery, drug trafficking and repeated drug offences.
There have been more than 110 executions in the kingdom this year – RIYADH (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Four Filipinos and One Saudi Beheaded for Murder and Armed Robbery
- Saudi woman pours boiling water over Filipino maid for not making tea quick enough
- Bishop begins appeal fund for Filipino threatened with beheading in Saudi Arabia
- Indian Murderer Beheaded in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi beheads four foreign nationals