Four Iraqis killed as Turkish hostage under threat of beheading
Two Iraqis were killed Thursday in a car bomb attack on a US military convoy in the northern city of Mosul. Additionally, 18 Iraqis were wounded, hospital sources said.
Another two Iraqis were killed in a firefight between resistance fighters and US marines in the city of Ramadi.
Meanwhile, armed men claiming to belong to the group of Iraq's most "wanted" man Abu Mussab Al-Zarqawi appeared in a video threatening to behead a Turkish hostage. In a video aired by Dubai's Al-Arabiya television they threatened to kill the Turk. Three armed and masked men appeared in the video, with the hostage held on the floor in front of them.
The group demanded the "release of all Iraqi prisoners and the departure of all Turkish nationals from Iraq."
"We of the group of Tawhid and Jihad announce ... that we will cut off the head of this hostage in three days if our demands are not met," one of the armed men said. "We have long warned them not to enter the land of Islam and land of Jihad, the land of Iraq." (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Turkish association stops trucking goods to U.S. in Iraq after hostage executed
- Iraq: Second American beheaded as two US soldiers killed
- Iraqi group threatens to behead Turkish driver as body of Egyptian hostage found
- Iraq: At least 40 dead in car blast as Zarqawi group threatens to behead three Turkish workers
- Iraq: American hostage beheaded as US soldier killed