Four Israeli Men Charged with Torturing and Murdering Old Man
Indictments for murder, grievous bodily harm and kidnapping for purposes of assault and captivity were submitted in Be'er Sheva's District Court Sunday against four men from Arad, reported Haaretz.
The suspects are accused of torturing Alexander Hozei, 50, for three days before killing him in cold blood, said the report.
The victim's corpse was discovered on July 30th, when Arad residents noticed the suspects trying to conceal it behind bushes. The corpse was covered with severe burn marks, the Israeli daily added.
After locating the apartment used for the crime, the Negev police arrested two suspects: Alexander Karpovski, 30, and Mikhail Mohov, 35, who were found asleep in the apartment, drunk. The police also recovered an iron with traces of burned skin. The suspects confessed to having poured scalding oil on Hozei, in addition to using the iron as a torture implement.
Four days after the murder, Roman Kutchuk, 31, a Ukranian citizen residing in Israel illegally, turned himself in to the police, after his photograph was published in newspapers. A week later, the fourth and final suspect, Alexander Karbochov, 26, was arrested, said the paper – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saddam charged with murder, torture
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Justice? “Honor killing” father in Pakistan charged with murder
- Three Saudis, Kuwaiti accused of raping and murdering a 6 year old
- "Pro-Israeli" Norwegian suspect mass murderer reportedly hated Muslims