Four suspected ''terrorists'' arrested in Saudi Arabia
Four suspected "terrorists" were detained by Saudi security forces on Wednesday in connection with the shoot-out that took place between a group of "terrorists" and policemen in Mecca about two weeks ago.
The Ukaz daily newspaper on Thursday said three suspects were arrested on the Mecca-Jeddah freeway at a roadblock set up to capture the wanted persons in this case. The fourth suspect was arrested in the Sharae area, located on the outskirts of Mecca.
Maps and building schemes of main governmental sites were found in the possession of the suspects at the time of their arrest, the paper said, and investigations were ongoing to reveal further details.
In addition, Saudi security forces detained two people in the southern city of Abha on Wednesday in their connection to "terrorist" activities. Also, a large cache of ammunition and weapons were found at the site of a village north of Mecca. (Albawaba.com)
- Saudi Interior Minister: Mecca militants are Al Qaeda members
- Two Islamists blow selves up in Mecca; Gunman killed, eight Saudi policemen injured in Riyadh shootout
- At least 10 people killed in clashes between Saudi police and ''terrorists''
- Saudi Arabia detains 42 suspected ”terrorists”
- Two Saudi security men wounded in attempt to arrest '\'terrorists'\'