Four '\'terror suspects'\', Saudi security official killed in shootout
Four wanted "terror suspects" and a Saudi security man were killed in a shootout north of Riyadh, and two security men and a suspect wounded, the interior ministry said.
The gunbattle broke out after security forces spotted five men wanted on security-related charges at a resthouse in Khudaira in the town of Buraida in the al-Qassim region, said a ministry official cited by state television and the official SPA news agency.
"As soon as the security forces began their task at the location, they came under heavy machine-gun fire" and responded accordingly, he said Thursday.
"Four of the wanted men were killed and (the fifth) wounded. A security man was martyred and two of his comrades were injured. Weapons and ammunition were found," he added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two Islamists blow selves up in Mecca; Gunman killed, eight Saudi policemen injured in Riyadh shootout
- One policeman, four Saudi suspects killed in clash
- Riyadh: Suspect wounded in shoot-out with Saudi security
- In Saudi Arabia: Two security men, gunman killed in shootout
- Saudi police arrest terror suspect after shootout