Four Top Officials from EgyptAir and Egypt Tourism Charged of Corruption
By Mohammad Baali
Albawaba.com - Cairo
The Egyptian Prosecutor General has decided to refer the chief of Accounting Division in EgyptAir and his deputy and the chief of financial unit of Egypt Tour and his deputy to the Higher State Security Court on charges of corruption.
The indictment also refers to the owner of one of the tourist private companies reported by the Public Money Intelligence as involved with the suspects in embezzlement of one million pounds and forging official documents.
Al Ahram daily has said that investigations carried out by the Prosecutor General’s office have confirmed the intelligence department’s reports and revealed that the suspects have forged letters to embezzle money from the two state-run companies. The daily added that they have collaborated in a fraud operation against the International Commercial Bank (Egypt) to disburse thousands of pounds from the companies’ accounts in their favor.
- 15 Egyptians in the Dock for Embezzling Public Funds
- Former Jordanian intelligence chief convicted of fraud and embezzlement
- Alleged Bribes Could Land Former Egyptian Governor in Jail for Life
- Egypt's State Court Tries Former Finance Minister, 9 Customs Officials for Corruption
- Former Egyptian Finance Minister, Nine Senior Officials Prosecuted