French police launch manhunt for eighth Paris attack suspect
An image of twenty-six-year-old Abdeslam Salah has been released by French police. (Twitter)
Click here to add Belgian police as an alert
Disable alert for Belgian police,
Click here to add Brussels as an alert
Disable alert for Brussels,
Click here to add BrusselsBelgian police as an alert
Disable alert for BrusselsBelgian police,
Click here to add country’s federal prosecutor’s office as an alert
Disable alert for country’s federal prosecut ...,
Click here to add Earlier as an alert
Disable alert for Earlier,
Click here to add Francois Hollande as an alert
Disable alert for Francois Hollande,
Click here to add French police as an alert
Disable alert for French police,
Click here to add G20 as an alert
Disable alert for G20,
Click here to add Paris as an alert
Disable alert for Paris,
Click here to add Reuters as an alert
Disable alert for Reuters,
Click here to add RTBF as an alert
Disable alert for RTBF
Police in France have issued a request for information on the whereabouts of a Belgian-born man wanted in connection with the Paris attacks.
Twenty-six-year-old Abdeslam Salah is described as dangerous and authorities have warned he must not be approached.
In claiming responsibility for the attacks, ISIL (Daesh) said it had sent eight militants to Paris. The French authorities say seven terrorists died on Friday night.
Earlier, Belgian public broadcaster RTBF said, quoting the country’s federal prosecutor’s office, two of the attackers involved in the wave of shootings came from Brussels
Belgian police have carried out a series of searches focused on the Molenbeek district of Brussels and prosecutors said they were investigating a connection with a Belgian hire car found in Paris near the scene of the deadliest of the attacks.
Meanwhile French police have questioned the father and brother of a man suspected of being involved in Friday’s coordinated attacks in Paris.
An unnamed source cited by Reuters news agency confirmed police were holding people close to one of the attackers.
Police have identified one of the men as a French citizen. Authorities had already flagged him as a potential Islamist militant.
Belgian police arrested three people on Saturday (November 14) in raids linked to the Paris attacks.
Belgium’s prime minister said at least one of those held is from the Brussels district of Molenbeek. He was believed to have spent the previous evening in Paris, where two cars with Belgian number plates were impounded close to some of the violence, including the Bataclan music venue.
Molenbeek has been connected with two previous attacks in France. Security officials said weapons used in a Paris kosher grocery store in January were acquired in Molenbeek. Those used during the attack on board a train from Brussels to Paris were acquired in the same district.
French president Francois Hollande has declared a state of emergency and announced three days of official mourning after three coordinated teams of gunmen and suicide bombers carried out a wave of attacks across Paris that killed at least 129 people. Hollande called it an “act of war” by the group calling itself Islamic State, or ISIL.
World leaders gathered in Turkey for a G20 summit have pushed the fight against ISIL to the top of the agenda.
- Copenhagen shootings leave two dead in suspected “terror” attacks
- Morocco arrests Belgian suspect involved in Nov. Paris attacks
- Belgian police launch broad investigation into militant networks in Brussels
- French Police Detain More Islamic Militants in Paris Region
- Turkey detains Belgian suspected of scouting for Paris attacks