Fujitsu Siemens Computers set the standard in energy efficiency for the IT industry
Fujitsu Siemens Computers is enabling businesses to monitor their energy savings more closely. Customers who have purchased a PRIMERGY TX120 server or an Energy Star® 4.0 certified ESPRIMO Professional PC can order for free a power meter on the company’s website. Both products are designed for low energy consumption and to reduce the carbon footprint for small and medium-sized business.
Fujitsu Siemens Computers recently commissioned a report in 2007 with analyst house IDC - Reduced Cost and Increased Return from the Green Data Centre - to understand what the core elements would be of a green IT plan for business. The report highlighted two key findings:
• There is a link between cost-efficiency and a sustainable IT strategy.
• Businesses should focus on how IT can help other parts of the organisation achieve their own sustainability goals.
“Among the Green IT topics, Energy Savings has emerged as one of the most critical components of environmental protection and sustainability,” said Chandan Mehta, Product Marketing Manager, Enterprise Products, Fujitsu Siemens Computers. “Around the world, people are striving to be more energy efficient at home and at work. Using eco-designed products is now an important focus for all businesses. With both the PRIMERGY TX120 server and the new Energy Star® 4.0 certified ESPRIMO Professional PC, Fujitsu Siemens Computers is once again a technology leader in energy efficiency.”
Mehta added: "Energy efficiency makes sense for all businesses, from small offices to large corporations. Significant cost savings can be achieved just from using the right IT equipment which is designed to consume less power. We aim to develop energy efficient products without compromising on performance - this is why we are offering businesses the chance to see the difference our products make to the bottom line."
Both the PRIMERGY TX120 server and the new ESPRIMO Professional PC range help to generate energy savings that impact the bottom line. For example:
• Power costs can be saved every year for every 1,000 ESPRIMO Professional PCs used.
• Switched monitor outlets in ESPRIMO Professional PCs save up to 10 per cent in display power consumption
• Running on highest configuration the TX120 consumes 40 per cent less energy than conventional tower servers. At full load, equipped with the Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® UP processor, the maximum active power is 163 watt.
• In general a power-optimized server provides a 33 per cent saving by using less redundancy, different memory and LV processors. This energy efficient combination delivers ROI in two years, based on a standard PRIMERGY server.
This is Fujitsu Siemens Computers smallest, quietest and most energy efficient server. Powerful yet compact, it is ideal for small businesses in that it consumes less power, makes less noise and produces less heat than standard small servers. It offers a fast and sufficient memory, buffering data, storage back-up software, remote management and internet/intranet access. Businesses can expect to save as much as €150 per year in energy costs alone.
ESPRIMO Professional PC
Incorporating Intel® vPro™ processor technology and a 80+ power supply, these professional PCs save up to 45 per cent in energy and costs compared to a two year old PC. Delivering out of the box energy efficiency modes, the display automatically powers down after ten minutes while the hard drive switches off after 15 minutes. After 20 minutes, the system goes into standby mode and after one hour, the maximum energy-saving mode is activated. In addition, the PC is extremely quiet due to its proven cooling capability enabled by the proven ESPRIMO cabinet.
For more information about the products please go to:
PRIMERGY TX120; ESPRIMO Professional PC; ESPRIMO E; ESPRIMO P
Read more about Fujitsu Siemens Computers and the Power Meter, Energy Savings and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
About Fujitsu Siemens Computers
Fujitsu Siemens Computers is the leading European IT provider with a strategic focus on next-generation Mobility and Dynamic Data Center products, services and solutions. With a platform and services portfolio of exceptional depth, our offering extends from handhelds through desktops to enterprise-class IT infrastructure solutions and services offerings. Fujitsu Siemens Computers has a presence in all key markets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, with the services division extending coverage up to 170 countries worldwide. Leveraging the strengths, innovation and global reach of our joint shareholders, Fujitsu Limited and Siemens AG, we make sure we meet the needs of customers: large corporations, small and medium enterprises and private users. To meet international standards for corporate social responsibility, Fujitsu Siemens Computers is a member of the United Nations Global Compact.
- Fujitsu Siemens Computers PRIMERGY: Front Runners in Industry-standard Servers
- Fujitsu Siemens Computers presents PRIMERGY servers for Windows Server 2008
- Virtualization Holds the Key to More Efficient Deployment of IT Resources and Higher Productivity: Fujitsu Siemens Computers
- Fujitsu Siemens Computers introduces SCENIC C620 to its range of Green PCs