Full closure on Palestinian lands; Hamas activist killed, Israeli soldier wounded
An Israeli soldier was moderately wounded early Friday after he was shot by a Palestinian sniper at the Jabalya refugee camp in the Gaza Strip. The soldier was wounded in his shoulder, Israeli press reports said. Israeli occupation forces are continuing their operation in Jabalya, which started Thursday.
In addition, three Israelis were injured after a Qassam rocket landed near a southern Israeli town early on Friday.
Later, a Hamas activist was killed and four others were wounded during the raid in the Jabalya refugee camp.
As of Friday, a full closure is imposed on the Palestinian territories by Israel. It is expected to remain in force for at least two weeks until the end of upcoming Jewish holidays. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hamas bomber injures three Israeli soldiers in Gaza Strip as West Bank under ''general closure''
- Gaza Strip: Hamas sniper wounds Israeli soldier; Press restrictions declared
- At least 15 Palestinians killed; Second Israeli raid on Gaza Strip in less that 24 hours
- Israeli soldiers kill two Hamas activists in Gaza Strip as Qassam strikes Israeli town
- Ten Palestinians Wounded in Clashes; Hamas Readies More Suicide Bombers