GAM Implements Pavement & Maintenance Works with Cost of JD 32,722,000 this year
The total amount of roads pavement and maintenance works done by Greater Amman Municipality (GAM) in 2009 amounted to about 32 million and 722 thousands JD covering all the regions of GAM.
Head of the Road Maintenance Department, Eng. Ahmed Khreisat, said that the works included pavement of new roads for the first time with a space area of 2,426,000 m2 and a cost that amounted to JD 7.985.000; they also comprised maintenance for other roads with an space area 2,390,000m2 and a cost JD 13,384,000.
He added that GAM executed patching and precautionary works for some streets of 592,000m2 space area, paving extensions and entrances with 214,000 m2 space area costing JD 9,700,000.
According to Khreisat, GAM implemented opening and flattening projects with a space area of 304,000 m2 costing JD 520,000, and other works on maintaining and adjusting 2780 manholes with a cost of JD 133,000.
- CAM Commences Pavement of Some Streets of the Capital during Night Amman
- GAM Resumes Pavement Works Using Basalt during Night Hours and Completed 120.000 m2
- GAM Accomplishes Pavement Works in Sweifiyeh and Starts with Al Shaab & Said Kheir Streets
- GAM Completes the Improvement and Renovation Works of Jubeiha Entertainment Park
- Greater Amman Municipality Suspends Issuing Digging Licenses during Eid Al-Fitr Holidaysprojection industry as the first projecti