Gaza City: Israeli copter attack kills Palestinian boy, three Islamic Jihad members
At least four people were killed, including a 10-year-old boy and three Islamic Jihad activists, and some 15 were wounded when Israeli helicopters fired missiles at a car near the Jabalya refugee camp in Gaza City.
Witnesses identified two of the dead as brothers Ayman and Amin Dahduh, who they claimed were members of the Islamic Jihad. They said Amin was decapitated in the attack. According to Israeli reports, Mahmoud Judeh, commander of the Islamic Jihad military wing in the Gaza Strip was also killed in the attack.
The air strike targeted a small gray Subaru traveling on a road linking Gaza City with the Jabalya refugee camp.
Among the injured in Saturday's strike were three children, said doctors at Shifa Hospital.
An Islamic Jihad spokesman said the group would continue to resist Israeli occupation. "God willing, Palestinians will win this battle of honor and will achieve victory and will liberate the Holy Land," said Khalid al-Batsh.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel kills 10 Islamic Jihad members in Gaza Strip and West Bank
- Israeli strike kills two Palestinians
- Islamic Jihad activists escape assassination attempt in Gaza Strip; At least four reported injured
- Gaza Strip: Three Islamic Jihad members killed
- Witnesses: Israel used new kind of missiles to kill Islamic Jihad leader in Gaza Strip