Gaza City: Israeli copter attack kills Palestinian boy, three Islamic Jihad members
At least four people were killed, including a 10-year-old boy and three Islamic Jihad activists, and some 15 were wounded when Israeli helicopters fired missiles at a car near the Jabalya refugee camp in Gaza City.
Witnesses identified two of the dead as brothers Ayman and Amin Dahduh, who they claimed were members of the Islamic Jihad. They said Amin was decapitated in the attack. According to Israeli reports, Mahmoud Judeh, commander of the Islamic Jihad military wing in the Gaza Strip was also killed in the attack.
The air strike targeted a small gray Subaru traveling on a road linking Gaza City with the Jabalya refugee camp.
Among the injured in Saturday's strike were three children, said doctors at Shifa Hospital.
An Islamic Jihad spokesman said the group would continue to resist Israeli occupation. "God willing, Palestinians will win this battle of honor and will achieve victory and will liberate the Holy Land," said Khalid al-Batsh.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Islamic Jihad vows revenge after Israel kills activist, boy in copter attack
- Copter attack injures three in Gaza as Israeli forces kill Palestinian in Nablus
- Israeli Troops Kill Islamic Jihad Activist, Palestinian Boy
- Gaza Strip: Three Islamic Jihad members killed, four Israeli soldiers injured in bombing attack
- Israel assassinates senior Palestinian activist in Gaza; Two Islamic Jihad members killed near Hebron