Gaza clash: One Hamas member killed, three Israeli soldiers wounded as Israeli troops raid Jenin
A senior Hamas activist was killed early Thursday during an Israeli raid on the Nuseirat refugee camp in central Gaza Strip.
Three occupation soldiers were injured during the raid.
Palestinians opened fire on the occupation forces, which included ground troops and tanks. The forces entered the refugee camp in order to arrest the Hamas member, who was killed in the exchange of fire.
The Israeli forces demolished the activist's home before leaving the refugee camp.
In a separate event, Israeli forces detained two Islamic Jihad members in the West Bank village of Tubas, northwest of Nablus.
In the meantime, large numbers of Israeli forces raided the West Bank city of Jenin on Thursday, in an operation expected to last a couple of days.
According to Israeli media, Jenin was placed under curfew
as troops aimed to "dismantle the terrorist infrastructure"
and "confiscate weapons stored by Palestinian groups." (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Three Palestinians, Israeli soldier killed in Gaza Strip, West Bank
- 11 Palestinians killed in the West Bank
- Israeli troops kill six Palestinians in Gaza Strip, West Bank
- Israeli fire kills four unarmed civilians in Gaza Strip, Curfew imposed on Jenin
- Israel kills five Palestinians in Gaza Strip and West Bank