Reduced fighting in Gaza during start of Eid
A Sheikh leads a prayer on 28 July 2014, the first day of Eid al-Fitr, in the heavily damaged Al-Faruq mosque, in Rafah, Gaza (Said Khatib /AFP).
- Somalia and Gaza miss Eid celebrations
- UN Security Council to meet on Gaza, Abbas calls for "immediate" acceptance of ceasefire deal
- Well-deserved: Gaza attacks reduce demand for Israeli gas
- Pope Francis begs for peace in the Middle East during weekly address
- Security Council calls for ”immediate” truce as Gaza fight continues