Gaza: Senior Fatah members detained for several hours
Hamas' security forces in the Gaza Strip on Saturday arrested three leaders from the rival Fatah faction, Fatah officials said. Among those held was Abdel-Rahman Hamad, a former minister in the Palestinian Authority, who had been meeting fellow Fatah members in the city of Gaza, Fatah officials said, according to Reuters.
The Hamas-run Interior Ministry in the Gaza Strip said the Fatah men were detained for questioning after holding an "illegal factional meeting." The detainees were freed few hours after their arrest.
- Israel detains Palestinian minister for several hours
- Two Palestinians killed in Gaza as Israel kidnaps senior Hamas members
- Gaza Strip: Israel nabs senior Hamas activist as tensions between Hamas, Fatah escalate
- Senior Hamas security official detained in Egypt
- Nativity Church siege to end ''within hours''; Four Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip