Gaza Strip: Another settlement evacuated as demolition works start
Israeli forces on Friday afternoon completed the evacuation of the Gaza Strip settlement of Gadid after dozens of young right wing activists barricaded themselves in the settlement's synagogue and on rooftops.
The forces entered Gadid early in the morning after breaking through the blockade settlers had set up at the entrance to the settlement.
Also on Friday, demolition works commenced in the Gaza Strip settlement of Kerem Atzmona as cranes hoisted caravans and demolished permanent houses.
Israeli police and military forces halted the Gaza Strip evacuation Friday afternoon because of the Sabbath. The evacuation will resume Sunday.
- Gaza Strip: One settlement remains, as bulldozers start to raze buildings
- Gaza Strip: Final Israeli settlement to be evacuated Monday
- Violent clashes in Gaza Strip biggest settlement; Some settlers burn property before leaving
- 38 years of Israeli settlement in the Gaza Strip comes to an end
- Gaza Strip: Key settlements evacuated after intensive clashes