Gaza Strip: Car bombing attack wounds two Israeli soldiers
Two Israeli troops were lightly wounded Friday morning when a Palestinian driving a bomb-laden jeep blew himself up at the Rafah terminal in the southern Gaza Strip.
At around 8:30 A.M. the Palestinian set out from the Dahaniyeh area, heading for the terminal. He apparently planned to blow up as he drove alongside a bus carrying Israelis who work at the terminal.
According to Haaretz, the jeep's path was blocked and when the driver could not reach the bus, he opened fire on the vehicle, and then set off the explosives, killing himself in the process.
The armed wing of Islamic Jihad, the Al-Quds Brigades, claimed responsibility for the attack.
Earlier on Thursday night, two other Israeli soldiers were injured, one seriously and the other lightly, by flechette shell fragments fired by an Israeli tank in the northern Gaza Strip area, media reports said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: Car bombing attack near Netzarim settlement as two Israeli soldiers wounded by anti-tank missile
- Hamas claims Gaza Strip bombing attack; Four Israeli soldiers wounded
- Gaza Strip: Two Palestinians die; Suicide bombing attack wounds Israeli soldier
- Israeli raid kills six Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- Israeli Civilian Lightly Wounded from Bomb Explosion in Gaza