Gaza Strip checkpoint: Palestinian workers protest against Israeli restrictive measures
Thousands of Palestinian workers on Tuesday demonstrated in front of the "Erez" checkpoint, north of Gaza Strip, to protest the daily humiliation they suffer at the hands of the Israeli forces, and also condemn the death of a Palestinian worker the day before, due to the Israeli restrictive measures against them.
Palestinian sources reported that nearly 2,000 Palestinian workers organized a strike at the checkpoint, the only crossing for Palestinian workers to Israel, in order to denounce the Israeli measures. The workers chanted angry slogans against the Israeli policies and restrictive measures.
The demonstrators stressed that the continued aggressive actions by Israel against the Palestinian workers come within its collective punishment policies against the Palestinian people.
Among the demonstrators was Mr. Rasem Al Bayyari, president of the General Union of Palestinian Workers Syndicates in Gaza Strip, who called on the international bodies, especially the United Nations, to provide protection for the Palestinian people, holding Israel the responsibility for the mass killing of Palestinian people and workers. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian killed, two girsl wounded by Israeli fire
- 1,250 Palestinian Workers Return to Israel from the Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian woman dies of wounds; Six injured by Israeli fire
- Abbas calls factions not to avenge killing of four Palestinian workers by Israeli settler
- Gaza Strip: At least one Palestinian killed