Gaza Strip: Four Palestinians wounded in Israeli copter attack
Four Palestinians were wounded Friday overnight when Israeli helicopters attacked Gaza City, firing eight missiles at two metal workshops in the south of the city, witnesses and Palestinian medical sources said.
They told WAFA that Israeli gunship helicopters fired at 11:00 P.M. eight missiles at two metal workshops in al-Zaitoon neighborhood of the city. The raid went on for 15 minutes.
At first the Israeli raid targeted a metal workshop located under a residential building owned by Mussa Sh'aban near Askoola round about where three missiles were fired.
Palestinian security sources confirmed that minutes later, the Israeli helicopters hovered once again to fire five other missiles against al-Zaitoon neighborhood, targeting another metal workshop owned by al-Zard and al-Fasieh families. The said workshops were raided three months ago.
The Israeli bombing inflicted a grave damage to the two workshops, houses and commercial stores around, resulting in electricity black out in the area.
On its part, Israel said the workshops were producing weapons, mainly homemade Qassam rockets, used by Hamas gunners in attacks against Israeli settlements. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: 20 Palestinians wounded following Israeli copter attack
- Three Palestinians wounded in Israeli copter strike on Gaza City as five wounded in Jenin raid
- Gaza Strip: At least 10 Palestinians wounded in Israeli copter attack
- Gaza Strip: Four Palestinians wounded by Israeli fire
- Israeli escalation in Gaza Strip: At least 10 Palestinians killed, more than 50 wounded