Gaza Strip: Hamas activist killed in training camp blast
Witnesses and medical officials said a huge blast rocked a training camp run by Hamas in southern Gaza Strip. At least one person was killed and seven have been wounded.
Ambulances raced to the scene of the blast late Tuesday on the site of an evacuated Jewish settlement next to the southern Gaza city of Khan Younis. The explosion could be heard all over the city, the AP reported.
Dr. Moaiya Hassanain of the Palestinian Health Ministry said all the wounded were Hamas members. Witnesses said the blast destroyed the base, and a fire was burning there an hour afterward. They said a second, smaller explosion was heard about 15 minutes after the first one.
- Blast at Hamas activist home in Gaza Strip kills three; Palestinian shot dead in West Bank
- Powerful blast rocks Hizbullah training camp
- Gaza Strip: 13 wounded in Hamas site blast
- Three Palestinians, including Hamas activist, injured in Gaza Strip blast
- Fatah activist killed in West Bank; Two Palestinians wounded in Gaza Strip