Gaza Strip: Hamas fighter shot dead, Palestinian girl wounded
Israeli soldiers shot dead a Hamas fighter in the northern Gaza Strip on Monday, medics said.
Elsewhere in the Strip, a Palestinian teenager was wounded Monday when Israeli troops opened heavy machinegun fire at civilian houses. Local sources reported that Eiman Mahmoud Saidem, 17, was hit in her abdomen and her condition was described as moderate.
Also Monday, Palestinians fired an anti-tank rocket at Israeli troops in north Gaza, Israel Radio reported. There were no injuries.
The Israeli Army said soldiers had redeployed or pulled out of the Beit Hanun area but took up positions "from which they can go back in if necessary."
Despite this announcement, Palestinians said Monday morning Israeli bulldozers and armored personnel carriers were continuing to operate in Beit Hanun.
- Two Palestinians shot dead; Israel raids Hebron; PA, Hamas try to ease Gaza Strip tensions
- Palestinian girl shot dead by Israeli fire in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Three dead, scores wounded in Fatah - Hamas clashes
- Gaza Strip: One Hamas man killed, one wounded by Israeli fire
- Israeli soldiers kill five Palestinians, including boy and girl, in West Bank, Gaza Strip