Gaza Strip: Israel kills six Palestinians
Six members of Hamas' military wing were killed in an Israeli air strike on Gaza City overnight, Palestinian hospital officials said Wednesday. The helicopter strike on the members of the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, in eastern Gaza city also wounded three people, they added, according to AFP.
Earlier hospital officials had said four people had been killed.
An Israeli military spokeswoman confirmed Israeli soldiers had been involved in an operation in the northern Gaza Strip.
On Tuesday, Israeli shelling on central Gaza Strip killed one member of Hamas.
- Israel kills Palestinian in Gaza Strip, detains six in West Bank
- Six Palestinians killed as Israel raids Gaza Strip
- Hamas controls Gaza Strip as Israel kills six Palestinians
- At least six Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip; Israel says Jenin pullout completed
- Israel kills six Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza Strip