Gaza Strip: Israel kills two Palestinian fighters
A Palestinian Health Ministry official said Israeli forces killed two Palestinian fighters and injured three in an incident along the Gaza Strip border. According to the AP, Dr. Moaiya Hassanain said the men were hit by tank fire.
The Israeli military said a border patrol fired at a group of Palestinians seen planting a bomb at the border fence Sunday. The Islamic Hamas said one of its fighters was among the dead, identifying him as Abed Hafiz al-Silawi, 21.
The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine identified the other as 21-year-old Mahmoud Ahmed Naseer.
- Gaza Strip: Israel kills five Palestinians in two incidents
- Gaza Strip: Israel kills two Hamas fighters
- Gaza Strip: Israeli forces kill Palestinian fighter
- Israeli helicopters attack in south Lebanon, two people killed; Two Palestinian fighters shot dead in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Five Israeli settlers, two Palestinian fighters killed; Israel bombs radio station