Gaza Strip: Israeli forces kill Palestinian fighter
Israeli troops shot and killed a Palestinian fighter in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, Palestinian medical workers said. The Palestinian, affiliated with the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine, was shot as he tried to plant an explosive device along the border with Israel, the group said, according to Reuters.
An Israeli army spokesman said a Palestinian gunman had opened fire on troops from across the border fence in central Gaza. "The soldiers returned fire and hit him," the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, a rocket fired from the northern Gaza Strip on Tuesday morning hit an Israeli chicken coop in one of the Hof Ashkelon Regional Council communities, causing heavy damage. There were no reports of injuries, ynet reported.
Earlier Tuesday, another three rockets landed in an open area near the Israeli town of Sderot. There were no reports of injuries or damage in all incidents. At least 10 Israelis suffered shock after a rocket hit Sderot Monday evening. One woman sustained mild injuries while attempting to take cover. The Popular Resistance Committees and Islamic Jihad's military wing, the al-Quds Brigades, claimed responsibility for the fire.
- Israel kills Palestinian in West Bank, bombs Gaza Strip
- Rocket fired from Gaza as Palestinian shot dead
- Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Qassam rockets fired on southern Israel
- Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills four Palestinian activists
- Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Islamic Jihad claims bombing attack against Israeli troops