Gaza Strip: Israeli soldier, four Palestinians killed in blasts, clash
Four Palestinians and an Israeli soldier were killed Tuesday in the Gaza Strip. An Israeli helicopter fired Tuesday morning a missile at a group of Palestinians in the central Gaza Strip, reportedly killing a member of Islamic Jihad.
Earlier, an Israeli soldier was killed when Palestinians activated a bomb northwest of the "Karni Crossing" in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian and Israeli security sources said.
Two Israeli soldiers were moderately injured and two others were lightly wounded in an ensuing gun battle. Two Hamas fighters were reported dead in the fire exchange. According to Israeli reports, the soldier was hit early Tuesday by the blast as he searched a chicken coop booby-trapped by Palestinians. He later died of his wounds. Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack.
Another Islamic Jihad fighter was later shot dead by Israeli troops.
- Gaza Strip: Senior Hamas figure, four other Palestinians dead; Blast kills Israeli soldier
- Gaza Strip: Israel fire kills at least four Palestinians
- Two IDF soldiers killed in Gaza, death toll reaches 27
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian fighter, Israeli soldier killed in clash
- Gaza Strip: Three Islamic Jihad members killed, four Israeli soldiers injured in bombing attack