Gaza Strip: Israeli soldier, four Palestinians killed in blasts, clash
Four Palestinians and an Israeli soldier were killed Tuesday in the Gaza Strip. An Israeli helicopter fired Tuesday morning a missile at a group of Palestinians in the central Gaza Strip, reportedly killing a member of Islamic Jihad.
Earlier, an Israeli soldier was killed when Palestinians activated a bomb northwest of the "Karni Crossing" in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian and Israeli security sources said.
Two Israeli soldiers were moderately injured and two others were lightly wounded in an ensuing gun battle. Two Hamas fighters were reported dead in the fire exchange. According to Israeli reports, the soldier was hit early Tuesday by the blast as he searched a chicken coop booby-trapped by Palestinians. He later died of his wounds. Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack.
Another Islamic Jihad fighter was later shot dead by Israeli troops.
- Captors: Israeli soldier case ”closed”; Two Palestinians dead
- Six Palestinians, Israeli soldier killed in Gaza Strip, Hebron
- Three Palestinians, Israeli soldier killed in Gaza Strip, West Bank
- Gaza Strip: Four Hamas members, three Israeli soldiers killed
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian fighter, Israeli soldier killed in clash