Gaza Strip: Israeli troops kill two Hamas members
Two members of the Ezz A-Din al Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, were killed early on Friday during an armed clash with Israeli forces in northern Gaza Strip.
In a statement, the Brigades announced that Mohammad Nasser al-Kafarana and Mohammad Awad al-Kafarna, were killed when Israeli troops traded gun fire with a group of fighters on Gaza Strip-Israel border line near Beit Hanoun town.
Meanwhile, the Swiss Le Temps newspaper reported Friday that Switzerland has mediated talks held by Hamas and Israel during the past few months. These contacts were based on a Swiss document for a declaration of intent whereby the two parties would negotiate means of calming the situation over a long period, according to the report.
According to the blueprint, a 10-year period of calm will require that Hamas puts an end to its rocket attacks against Israel, whereas Israel stops its assassination attacks of Hamas members. The document also speaks about a prisoner swap between Hamas and Israel, Le Temps added.
- Israeli Troops Kill Hamas Member in Gaza Strip Flashpoint
- Gaza Strip: Two Hamas members killed by Israeli fire
- Israel kills two Hamas members in Gaza Strip
- Hamas member dies in car blast as Israeli troops kill six Palestinians in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Hamas Member, Four Palestinian Policemen Killed by Israeli Troops in West Bank, Gaza Strip