Gaza Strip: Israeli troops kill two Palestinians
A Palestinian man was shot dead by Israeli forces in the southern Gaza Strip city of Rafah, Palestinian medical sources reported.
Mohammed Zurob, 42, was hit in the chest by fire from an Israeli army post near the border between the Gaza Strip and Egypt, the sources said Wednesday. He was near the Tal al-Sultan neighborhood in the Rafah refugee camp when he was hit, witnesses said.
In a separate incident overnight Tuesday, occupation troops shot and killed a man spotted digging some 30 or 40 meters from the Gaza Strip fence near the Sufa crossing. According to the Israeli army, he was planting a bomb.
Elsewhere, Israeli occupation forces on Wednesday opened fire on school children and pedestrians in the town of Dura in the southern West Bank.
Eyewitnesses reported troops occupied the rooftop of a multi-story building in the town, 13 kilometers south west of Hebron. This provoked school boys who started hurling stones at the Israeli soldiers who responded by firing heavily into the air and then toward the boys.
Medical sources said several boys were injured, including one who reportedly sustained moderate-to-serious gunshot wounds. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli troops kill Palestinian in Gaza Strip as two teens die from wounds
- Exchange of Fire Reported in West Bank, no Injuries
- Israeli fire kills four unarmed civilians in Gaza Strip, Curfew imposed on Jenin
- Israel kills five Palestinians in Gaza Strip and West Bank
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian shot dead, child critically wounded