Gaza Strip: At least 8 Palestinians dead in Israeli raid
Eight Palestinians were killed Thursday in the Gaza Strip during a new Israeli raid. Some 10 Israeli tanks moved into the Khan Younis refugee camp early Thursday, and two Palestinian fighters were reported killed by tank fire, locals said, according to the AP.
Israeli army officials said the move was aimed at stopping the firing of rockets and mortars at nearby settlements and Israeli posts. The officials added the air force fired a missile at Palestinaisn planting explosives, hitting at least one.
Later, three other Palestinians, including an 18 year old boy, were shot dead. Six other Palestinians were wounded as well as one Israeli soldier. Four victims were identified as Mohammed Abu al-Sa'd 17, Ammar Salem 20, Yehya Abu Bakra 33 and Shadi Khdeir 22.
In the evening an Israeli rocket killed three Palestinians in the area. The victims were identified as Usama Abu Musa, 22, Arafat al Bardawil, 22, and Amjad Subhi Aram, 25. At least five other Palestinians were wounded.
- Within two days: At least 12 Palestinians killed by Israeli fire
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian killed, some 20 houses destroyed in Israeli raids
- Five Palestinians killed by Israeli fire, blast
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian fighter, Israeli soldier killed in clash
- Three Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank and Gaza Strip