Gaza Strip: One Palestinian killed in blast; Activists resist PA arrests
Exchanges of fire took place overnight Friday in the Gaza Strip refugee camp Shati, as Palestinian security forces cracked down on activists of the Popular Resistance
Committees. Palestinian sources said that one security officer and one resistance committee member were wounded. Four Palestinians were arrested.
Palestinian security forces on Friday arrested an additional five Palestinian civilians suspected of firing mortar shells at Jewish settlements in the Gaza Strip. A spokesman for the PRC told Reuters Palestinian police arrested two members in Khan Yunis refugee camp in the southern Gaza Strip on Wednesday and three leaders on Thursday afternoon in Gaza City.
A Palestinian security official confirmed the arrests, saying the PA was committed to punishing violators of a cease-fire accepted by the leadership of the Palestinian groups.
Meanwhile, an explosive device detonated next to an Israeli patrol in the Gaza Strip, near the Sufa checkpoint. Israel said that one of the Palestinians that planted the bomb was killed. Also overnight Friday, Palestinians fired an anti-tank rocket at Israeli troops near the settlement of Ganei Tal in the Gaza Strip. (Albawaba.com)
- Israeli forces kill six Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Two Palestinian boys shot dead by Israeli fire
- Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills two Palestinian children
- Three Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip; Israeli raid on Jenin ends
- Gaza Strip: Israel kills three Palestinians as three wounded in internal Palestinian clash