Gaza Strip: Palestinian fighter, Israeli soldier killed in clash
Israeli troops killed a Hamas activist early Wednesday in a battle in southern Gaza Strip, Palestinian officials said. An Israeli soldier was also killed in the clash.
The Palestinian was hit by tank fire near the town of Khan Yunis during an Israeli military incursion, according to Dr. Moaiya Hassanain of Gaza's Health Ministry. Hamas, according to AP, confirmed that one of its fighters had been killed.
Three other Palestinians were wounded, Hassanain said.
The Israeli army said that during its operation "against terrorist infrastructure" Palestinians fired an anti-tank rocket at troops, and the Israelis returned fire, hitting several of the gunmen. It said one of its aircraft also fired at armed men in the area. Palestinians said four people were wounded in the airstrike.
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian killed, two others wounded by Israeli fire
- Gaza Strip: At least 11 Palestinians wounded by Israeli fire
- Gaza Strip: Israeli soldier, four Palestinians killed in blasts, clash
- Gaza Strip: Four Hamas members, three Israeli soldiers killed
- Three Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank and Gaza Strip