Gaza Strip: Palestinian fighter, Israeli soldier killed in clash
Israeli troops killed a Hamas activist early Wednesday in a battle in southern Gaza Strip, Palestinian officials said. An Israeli soldier was also killed in the clash.
The Palestinian was hit by tank fire near the town of Khan Yunis during an Israeli military incursion, according to Dr. Moaiya Hassanain of Gaza's Health Ministry. Hamas, according to AP, confirmed that one of its fighters had been killed.
Three other Palestinians were wounded, Hassanain said.
The Israeli army said that during its operation "against terrorist infrastructure" Palestinians fired an anti-tank rocket at troops, and the Israelis returned fire, hitting several of the gunmen. It said one of its aircraft also fired at armed men in the area. Palestinians said four people were wounded in the airstrike.
- Gaza Strip: Israeli soldier, Hamas fighter killed
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian fighter killed during clashes with Israeli troops
- Gaza Strip: Three Israeli soldiers, three Palestinian fighters killed during attack on occupation outpost
- Gaza Strip: Israeli soldier, four Palestinians killed in blasts, clash
- Palestinian killed in Gaza Strip clashes