Gaza Strip: Palestinian killed by Israeli fire
A Palestinian fighter died in an exchange of fire with Israeli troops Wednesday in an area where Palestinian gunners fire rockets toward Israel, Palestinian security officials said.
The Israeli army confirmed the clash, saying troops hit at least two gunmen.
According to the AP, Israeli soldiers entered Gaza Strip after seeing three gunmen plant a bomb near the fence separating Israel from the Gaza Strip, the army said. Troops opened fire at the gunmen, hitting at least two, and the Palestinians detonated two explosives in the exchange, the army said.
Palestinian security officials said troops entered the northern Gaza Strip and killed a Palestinian gunman, injured another, and arrested a third.
The Israeli army initially prevented Palestinian ambulances from reaching the scene to evacuate the wounded, the Palestinian officials said. Two farmers were wounded in the exchange, they said.
- Gaza Strip: Israel kills three Palestinians as three wounded in internal Palestinian clash
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian fighter, Israeli soldier killed in clash
- Three Palestinians killed in clashes with Israeli forces
- Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills four Palestinian activists
- Two Palestinians shot dead in Gaza, Bethlehem