Gaza Strip: Palestinian killed, two others wounded by Israeli fire
Israeli forces operating against rocket squads in Gaza on Thursday killed a teenager who health officials and witnesses said was hit by shrapnel from a tank shell, then run over by an army bulldozer.
Dr. Moaiya Hassanain of the Health Ministry in Gaza identified the youth as 17-year-old Mahmoud Kassassi, the AP reported. The incident took place during an Israeli incursion into central Gaza.
Hamas security forces said dozens of jeeps, tanks and bulldozers had moved about 1.5 kilometers (1 mile) into the strip.
Earlier Thursday, two Hamas fighters were seriously wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers in the same area, Hamas confirmed. The army said troops on a brief incursion into Gaza exchanged fire with gunmen, hitting one.
- Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills Palestinian, wounds three others
- Israeli fire kills two Hamas operatives in Gaza Strip
- Two Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip and Nablus, eight others injured; Three Palestinians die of wounds
- Israeli Missiles Kill Two Palestinians, Wound 17 Others
- Two Palestinians Killed, Dozens Wounded in Clashes with Israeli Troops in Gaza