Gaza Strip: Palestinian shot dead, child critically wounded
Israeli troops shot dead a Palestinian activist early Sunday as he tried to sneak into southern Israel, the Israeli army stated.
Israeli sources said troops opened fire at three Palestinians who were crawling toward the border fence separating Gaza Strip from Israel.
In another incident, Israeli occupation forces critically wounded early Sunday a Palestinian child after they opened heavy machineguns against houses in Rafah city refugee camp, in the southern Gaza Strip, Palestinian medics said.
Medics at al-Najjar hospital told WAFA that the child Ali al-Zatma 10, was critically shot with shrapnel of a tank shell.
In the West Bank, occupation troops arrested four Palestinians in the city of Hebron, witnesses said. They told WAFA that Israeli jeeps backed by tanks and armoured vehicles moved into the city center and launched an all-out search campaign.
Israeli soldiers also imposed a tight curfew in different villages and towns of Hebron. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sharon presents timetable for ''disengagement'' plan as two Palestinians shot dead in Gaza Strip
- Arafat, Qurei reach compromise over security powers as two Palestinians shot dead during Israeli raid in Gaza Strip
- Israeli troops critically wound Palestinian
- Palestinian Child Critically Injured by Israeli Army
- Palestinian shot dead; British peace activist in critical condition after being shot by Israeli troops