Gaza Strip: Palestinians kill two collaborators
A Palestinian policeman early Monday reportedly threw two hand grenades into a jail cell in Gaza City holding prisoners accused of collaborating with Israel.
Seven people were wounded in the attack, according to Palestinian security sources.
The assault appeared to be an attempt to killed Walid Hamdiya, who is accused of helping Israel assassinate leaders of the Palestinian uprising. Hamdiya was sentenced to death by the Palestinian Authority's State Security Court. He was a well-known Hamas activist who already a decade go caused the deaths of several high-ranking members of the Hamas military wing, including Imad Aqel.
Hamdiya is one of two prisoners whose injuries medics said were serious. Later, Al Jazeera TV reported that one of the wounded died.
In addition, a second suspected Palestinian collaborator who had been injured in the earlier grenade attack was executed by five masked gunmen in his hospital bed on Monday.
Mahmud al-Sharif was shot in the head by the gunmen who had burst onto his ward in the city's Al Shifa hospital, hospital sources said.
Sources within the Islamic Jihad said that the 45-year-old was suspected of having supplied the Israeli forces with information which led to the killing of one the group's leaders some 10 years ago. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gunmen kill suspected Palestinian collaborator on his way to court
- Collaborator arrested in Gaza; Israeli soldier shot dead in Gaza Strip; Two Palestinians killed in Tulkarem, Khan Yunis
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire; Palestinian police kill collaborator in Gaza; PA, Israel to resume contacts
- Two Palestinians Accused of Collaboration with Israel Killed
- \'Collaborators\' Assassinate Head of Palestine\'s TV and Radio in Gaza