Gaza Strip: Six Palestinians killed, Israeli officer wounded in series of clashes
A total of six Palestinian fighters on Monday were killed while an Israeli officer was wounded in a series of clashes in the Gaza Strip.
In one incident, two Palestinian fighters were killed and an Israeli officer was moderately injured in a shootout near the "Kissufim" crossing in the central Gaza Strip.
Earlier Monday, Israeli troops killed two other Palestinian fighters who infiltrated into Israel from the southern Gaza Strip, reaching to an area close to the settlement of "Holit". Hamas claimed credit for the infiltration attempt, Reuters reported from Gaza Strip.
One Hamas fighter was killed by Israeli fire, while another was carrying an explosive device which went off, killing him immediately, Israel Radio reported on the incident near "Holit".
Also Monday morning, occupation forces killed two Palestinians who were trying to plant an explosive device north of an Israeli outpost in the south of Gaza Strip. The troops spotted the pair and killed them, Israeli sources reported. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Six Palestinians killed in new Israeli aggression on Gaza Strip; Israeli soldier dead
- Gaza Strip: 10 Palestinians killed, two senior Israeli officers wounded
- Six Palestinians, Israeli Soldier Killed in Clashes in Gaza, West Bank
- Israeli raid kills six Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- Six Palestinians, Israeli officer killed in Nablus and Gaza Strip