Gaza Strip: Three Islamic Jihad men killed by Israeli fire
An Israeli air strike in the central Gaza Strip killed three Palestinian activists on Sunday, hours after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed a "powerful" response to attacks from the territory. According to Reuters, an Israeli army spokesman said an Israeli aircraft carried out the strike in the Gaza Strip.
Palestinian sources said the three men were members of the Islamic Jihad and were killed in a field often used to launch rockets towards Israel.
Netanyahu told his cabinet session on Sunday morning that 20 mortar bombs and rockets had been fired at Israel from the Hamas-ruled territory last week, vowing an "immediate and powerful response" to any such attacks in the future.
- Gaza Strip: Three Islamic Jihad members killed by Israeli fire
- Gaza Strip: Three Hamas men killed as Israel vows to defend borders
- Gaza Strip: Three Palestinians killed, three wounded by Israeli fire
- Gaza Strip: Islamic Jihad activist killed by Israeli fire
- West Bank: Israel kills three Islamic Jihad men