Gaza Strip: Three Palestinian fighters shot dead during attempt to attack settlement
Israel troops killed three Palestinian fighters who tried to infiltrate the Tel Katifa settlement, in the Gaza Strip on Thursday night. The Palestinians tried to infiltrate the settlement via the beach, Israel Radio said. The soldiers spotted the Palestinians and shot at them.
Earlier, an Israeli helicopter gunship fired a missile at a Palestinian police post in the Khan Yunis refugee camp in the Gaza Strip before dawn Thursday, injuring a policeman, Palestinian security sources and witnesses said.
Israeli sources said the helicopter had been targeting a group of armed Palestinians.
Palestinians fired on an Israeli armored column that moved about 200 meters into the refugee camp, which was a target for a similar Israeli raid on Wednesday. The Israelis bulldozed some 10 homes, WAFA reported.
An Israeli spokeswoman said it was a small-scale operation in response to rockets fired by Palestinians, and the military force left the area early Thursday.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: Three Israeli soldiers, three Palestinian fighters killed during attack on occupation outpost
- Hamas fighter killed during Gaza Strip settlement attack
- Three Palestinian fighters shot dead in Gaza Strip as Israeli forces raid Nablus
- Gaza Strip: Israel tries to kill prominent Palestinian fighter; Five Palestinians shot dead
- Gaza Strip: Three Israeli soldiers shot dead in Palestinian attack on military camp