Gaza Strip: Three Palestinians dead, five wounded in Israeli missile attack
An Israeli aircraft launched two missiles early Sunday at a group of Palestinians gathered outside a house in the southern Gaza Strip town of Khan Yunis, killing two and wounding five others, including four bystanders, Palestinian security officials said.
The early Sunday morning attack came as Palestinians were heading to mosques for morning prayers during the holy month of Ramadan, locals said. The two victims were identified as Ziad Abu Mustafa, 28 and Omar Abu Mustafa.
Israel said the missile was directed at acrivists from the Islamic Jihad group. Israel sources said Israeli forces identified several armed men in Khan Yunis and fired a missile at them. Palestinian medics said one of the wounded was critically injured.
Late Sunday, another Israeli strike in the Gaza Strip city of Khan Yunis killed one Palestinian and wounded several others. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel pulls out of Khan Yunis leaving 17 dead as Qurei urges int'l community to break silence over Israeli crimes
- Israeli missile attacks kill five Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- Israeli Missile Attacks on Gaza Strip Wound Three Palestinians
- Gaza Strip: Three killed by Israeli missile attack
- Palestinian boy shot dead in Nablus; five Palestinians injured following Israeli air strikes in Gaza Strip