Gaza Strip: Three Palestinians dead, five wounded in Israeli missile attack
An Israeli aircraft launched two missiles early Sunday at a group of Palestinians gathered outside a house in the southern Gaza Strip town of Khan Yunis, killing two and wounding five others, including four bystanders, Palestinian security officials said.
The early Sunday morning attack came as Palestinians were heading to mosques for morning prayers during the holy month of Ramadan, locals said. The two victims were identified as Ziad Abu Mustafa, 28 and Omar Abu Mustafa.
Israel said the missile was directed at acrivists from the Islamic Jihad group. Israel sources said Israeli forces identified several armed men in Khan Yunis and fired a missile at them. Palestinian medics said one of the wounded was critically injured.
Late Sunday, another Israeli strike in the Gaza Strip city of Khan Yunis killed one Palestinian and wounded several others. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Six Palestinian activists killed in Tulkarem as six settlers wounded in Gaza Strip
- Israel raids Gaza Strip: 21 Palestinians dead in three days
- Gaza Strip: Six Palestinians killed in Israeli strikes
- Gaza Strip: At least nine Palestinians dead by Israeli fire
- Three Palestinians killed, boy injured by Israeli forces in Gaza Strip