Gaza Strip: Three Palestinians shot dead
Two Palestinians were killed during an exchange of fire between Israeli troops and Palestinian fighters on Saturday, while a third Palestinian was shot dead by occupation soldiers near a Gaza Strip border crossing, witnesses said.
In the first incident, witnesses said troops backed by helicopters raided the northern Gaza Strip town of Beit Hanun and engaged in heavy clashes with Palestinian fighters. According to Reuters, bullets fired during the gunfight killed two Palestinians.
At the same time, Israeli in a nearby part of Beit Hanun wounded three Palestinians, two of them children, with shrapnel, medics said.
In the second incident, the Israeli army confirmed it had shot and killed a man as he approached the "Kissufim" border crossing in central Gaza.
- Israel escalates measures: Gaza Strip divided into three parts; Three Palestinians shot dead in W. Bank
- Israel kills five Palestinian activists; Three Palestinians shot dead late Tuesday in Gaza Strip - schoolchildren
- West Bank settlement attack: three Israelis killed, one Palestinian shot dead; four Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip
- Three Palestinians shot dead in Gaza Strip; Settler group claims bomb attack at Palestinian school
- Three Palestinians shot dead in Gaza Strip; Homes of two Palestinian activists destroyed