Gaza Strip: Two Hamas members killed
Hamas said Israeli fire killed two of its fighters in the northern Gaza Strip late Tuesday but Israel denied involvement in the incident. The victims were identified as Faraj Najjar, 29, and Ismat Moharra, 25.
One member was also hurt. The activists east of the town of Jabalya came under fire from a tank located on the Israeli border, the Palestinian group said. Earlier, Hamas said it was as an Israeli air strike.
However, according to Reuters, an Israeli military spokeswoman said: "There was no attack by the Israel Defence Forces in the Gaza Strip."
The men were believed to be involved in planting land mines on the Palestinian side of the border.
- Gaza bureau has been hosting a 4-day journalism training course to honour the memory of Fadel Shana, Reuters cameraman killed in Gaza last year
- Gaza Strip: Two Hamas members killed by Israeli fire
- Israel kills two Hamas members in Gaza Strip
- Hamas member killed, two wounded in Gaza Strip blast
- Two Hamas members killed in Nablus; Six Palestinians shot dead in Gaza Strip