Gaza Strip: Two Palestinians killed during attack on Israeli post
Israeli troops killed two Palestinians near a border crossing with the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip on Thursday, medical workers said. Gunmen from al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, an armed wing of Fatah, and another armed group attacked an Israeli army position near the Erez crossing in the northern Gaza Strip, Reuters reported.
Palestinian medical sources identified the dead as Mohammed Dola, 20, and Khaled Zohod, 22, from northwest of Bait Lahiya.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said the troops shot at the gunmen after being attacked. The border crossing was closed after the attack, she said.
- Israel in Maximum Alert in Fear of Palestinian Attacks; Two Palestinians Killed East of Gaza Strip, Two Other Arrested
- Two Israelis killed as Palestinians attack Gaza Strip border crossing
- Four Israelis Killed in Two Separate Suicide Attacks Near Jerusalem and In Gaza Strip
- Two Israeli security guards killed in shooting attack as two Palestinians shot dead in Gaza Strip, Jenin
- Palestinian killed during Gaza Strip celebrations