Five Hamas fighters killed in Gaza tunnel explosion
Five members of Hamas' al-Qassam Brigades died in an explosion inside a tunnel in the al-Tuffah neighborhood near a Hamas military site in eastern Gaza City on Thursday.
The dead were identified as Raid Marshoud, Ibrahim al-Arqan, Khalil al-Ghurabli, Ahmad Ayyad and Salim al-Harrazin.
Witnesses told Ma'an that an explosion shook a house in the al-Tuffah neighborhood, and ambulances and civil defense services rushed to the scene.
A day earlier the same neighborhood area was targeted by an Israeli airstrike.
- Israeli air strikes in Gaza kill nine Palestinian fighters
- Hamas fighter killed in Gaza tunnel collapse
- Gaza Strip: At least five Israeli soldiers killed in Palestinian attack on militay outpost
- Five Palestinians die as Egypt destroys tunnel
- Hamas responsible for digging 'explosives laden' tunnel under Gaza-Israeli border